Do you consider yourself happy? Well-adjusted? And do you consume cannabis? The research firm BDS Analytics just conducted a major study to determine the emotional and financial well-being of cannabis consumers, and the results are revealing.
The study included 2,000 subjects from Colorado and California, 1,200 of whom had consumed cannabis in the last six months. The subjects were divided into three groups:
1. Consumers: people who have consumed cannabis or cannabis products in the last six months.
2. Acceptors: people who would consider consuming cannabis or cannabis products in the future.
3. Rejecters: people who would not consider consuming cannabis products in the future.
The study found that cannabis consumers are, generally speaking, happier and more well-adjusted than the other two groups. Here are some of the Colorado results:
• Among Colorado consumers, 64% are employed full-time. 51% of acceptors have full-time jobs, as do 54% of rejecters.
• About 50% of Colorado consumers say they are more satisfied with life today than they were a year ago, while only about 40% of acceptors and rejecters say the same.
• 36% of Colorado consumers say they are very social people, compared to 28% for rejecters and 21% for acceptors.
• Consumers tend to enjoy the outdoors more than acceptors and rejecters. 50% of Colorado consumers like to spend time outdoors, while only 36% of rejecters do.
Linda Gilbert, head of the consumer research division at BDS Analytics, said, “Cannabis consumers are far removed from the caricatures historically used to describe them. In fact, positive lifestyle indicators like volunteering, socializing, satisfaction with life and enjoyment of exercise and the outdoors are highest among cannabis consumers, at least in Colorado and California.”
While these results may be surprising to “rejecters,” those of us who are consumers and acceptors would have predicted this outcome. At The Green Solution®, we know the community we serve – active, upstanding citizens who simply choose to use a natural substance that helps them enjoy life.