The Green Solution’s newest location is opening this week in Ft. Collins! Located halfway between CSU and Terry Lake and just south of Chipper’s Lanes bowling alley, our new store will offer all the features you’ve come to expect from The Green Solution. You’ll be dazzled by our award-winning flower, concentrates, and edibles, and our friendly Retail Associates will assist you in experiencing the best that cannabis has to offer.
To celebrate our Ft. Collins debut, here are a few remarkable things about the city that you may not know.
1. Ft. Collins was founded in 1864 as a military outpost of the United States Army. It was founded during the Indian wars of the mid-1860s to protect the Overland mail route.
2. With a population of around 160,000, Ft. Collins is the fourth most populous city in Colorado after Denver, Colorado Springs, and Aurora.
3. While the national Prohibition of alcohol ended in 1933, Ft. Collins decided to stay dry. For decades. It wasn’t until 1969 that the city allowed the sales of alcohol. We’re grateful the city is forward-thinking about cannabis these days!
4. Along with Walt Disney’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri, Fort Collins was the inspiration for Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A.
5. A surprising number of famous people hail from Ft. Collins. Among them are Frank Caeti of MADtv fame, Hattie McDaniel, the first African-American to win an Academy Award (Best Supporting Actress 1939 for her role in Gone with the Wind), author and professor Temple Grandin, and Jon Heder, star of Napoleon Dynamite.
Check out the newest The Green Solution at 810 North College Avenue later this week. We’ll see you there.