We’re living in a brave new world when it comes to cannabis, my friends. The wheels of progress keep turning, and legalization has allowed innovators to create all kinds of ways to enjoy our favorite plant. One such innovation was the advent of concentrates – but what are they?
Maybe your only experience with concentrates was of the orange juice variety. According to Wikipedia, a concentrate is “a form of substance which has had the majority of its base component removed. Typically, this will be the removal of water from a solution or suspension, such as the removal of water from fruit juice.” The same general idea applies to cannabis concentrates, except it’s not water being removed, it’s excess plant material and other impurities. What’s left is all the good stuff: cannabinoids and terpenes. This process yields a product that is highly potent – sometimes testing as high as 80% in THC. The same process can be employed to yield concentrates that are rich in CBD and contain very little THC.
Concentrates come in a variety of forms and textures and are generally classified by the solvents used in the extraction process and/or by the way the product is to be consumed. While books can and have been written about the subject of concentrates, we’ll keep it simple here and hit the highlights of concentrates available at The Green Solution, rated by level of expertise/equipment required to consume each.
Beginner Level Concentrates
- Tinctures: Prior to the beginning of cannabis prohibition in 1937, these liquid concentrates were the most common form of cannabis medicine in the United States. Consuming tinctures couldn’t be simpler; just put a dropperful under your tongue or stir into your favorite beverage. Perfect for microdosing, The Green Solution offers three varieties – Berry, Honey, and CBD Natural.
- Oil Cartridges: One of the most popular ways to consume concentrates is by vaping. NectarBee oil cartridges make it clean and easy. Just thread the cartridge into a 510 battery vaporizer pen and enjoy! Available in sativa, indica, hybrid, and CBD.
Intermediate Level Concentrates
- Natural Hash and Natural Trichomes: These concentrates are great to add to the flower in your bowl or joint, so they’re called “bowl toppers.” They’re not recommended for dabbing.
- Select Oil Twistspenser: This unique product provides an efficient means of utilizing NectarBee hash oil. Twisting this device in a clockwise direction produces an even, tidy flow of hash oil, perfect for enhancing a joint or bowl.
Advanced Level Concentrates
- Pure Pie Crust, Pure Shatter, and Pure Wax: When you’re ready to graduate to the big leagues of concentrates, try Pure Pie Crust , Pure Shatter, or Pure Wax. These highly potent products are consumed by dabbing: the concentrate is heated on a hot surface, usually a nail, then inhaled through a dab rig.
This concludes your (very basic) introduction to concentrates. All of the products discussed in this blog are produced by NectarBee (so you know they’re high quality), and available exclusively at The Green Solution. If you’re ready to try one out for yourself, you can check our inventory at tgscolorado.com and reserve the products you’d like to purchase. If you feel like you need more information, come into any of The Green Solution’s 16 locations and talk to a Retail Associate. They’re well-trained professionals who love to answer your questions. You can trust our experience.